This 6 hour home study course covers many different models of conducting clinical supervision and different techniques utilized in clinical supervision. Areas covered include a working definition of clinical supervision, breaking down this definition into the components that make up clinical supervision. The Integrated Developmental Approach to supervision (Stoltenberg & Delworth) is discussed in detail, covering descriptions of level 1, 2 and 3 counselors and supervisors. Next other models of supervision are also covered, including the Discrimination Model of supervision (Bernard), the systems model of supervision (Holloway), and the Blended Model of supervision (a model crafted specifically for working with drug/alcohol counselors by Powell). The home study course objectives are as follows:
- Participants will be able to define clinical supervision and understanding the component parts that comprise the essence of good clinical supervision.
- Participants will understand differing techniques in clinical supervision such as group supervision, and individual supervisory techniques including self-report, audio and video taping and live supervision.
- Participants will be able to label and identify the component parts that comprise 5 models of clinical supervision, including the Integrated Developmental Model, Systems Model, Discrimination Model, the Blended Model of supervision, and Competency Based Model of Supervision.
- Participants will understand different roles and issues involved in the supervisory relationship such as trust, recovery status of counselor and supervisor, the role of power, and the working alliance, supervisee burnout, professional development and evaluation.
- Participants will have a basic understanding of online therapy and online supervision.
Table of Contents
- Defining Supervision, ACA definition, NBCC definition, NJ licensure definition – page 04
- Developmental Model of Supervision – page 13
- Blended Model of Supervision – page 19
- Systems Approach Model of Supervision – page 23
- Discrimination Model of Supervision and Models Conclusion – page 29
- Group and Individual Supervision Techniques – page 35
- Networking and Social Networking – page 38
- Online Therapy and Online Supervision – page 42
- Supervisee Evaluation, Professional Development and Burnout Prevention – page 45
- Working Alliance and the Role of Power in Supervision – page 49
- Transference and Countertransference in the Supervisory Relationship – page 52
- Parallel Process and Recovery Status of Counselors and Supervisors – page 53
- Problems in Supervision – page 55
- Issues of the Supervisory Relationship Summary – page 56
- References – page 59
How the Home Study Course Works
NOTE: THIS DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE IS AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE, IN ANY STATE, ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE DISTANCE LEARNING CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS. Advanced Counselor Training is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. To purchase the home study course, click the REGISTRATION button and look for the “Home Study Course” titled “Models and Techniques in Clinical Supervision”. This is a secured, encrypted server to purchase the course safely online. Fill out the registration information and pay for the course. The course will be emailed within 24 hours (or if you prefer it can be mailed to you via standard snail mail and will arrive within 1 week of purchase). Read the distance learning course and answer the section questions. Put the answers in the score sheet AND fill out the home study evaluation and return them BOTH (both are necessary to get credit). You need to get a score of 80% correct to pass. Once received and scored a certificate of completion will be sent to you via email (as a pdf) or regular mail (depending on your stated preference), within 1 week of receipt. If no preference is stated a pdf copy of your certificate will be emailed to you, which you can print out for your file.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE – cost is $119 for the 6 clock hour home study course.