This 3 hour home study course covers many different issues facing supervisors today in the rapidly evolving world of social media (and other technologies). This course also covers the use of live supervision in a community mental health setting. The home study course objectives are as follows:
- Participants will be able to understand the major elements of the ever changing landscape that technology represents to the counseling profession.
- Participants will be able to define the ethical parameters regarding technology as presented by the American Counseling Association.
- Participants will also learn about the different areas of technology and social media that supervisors should be talking about with their supervisees.
- Participants will be able to craft their own social media policy that supervisors can use in their practice.
- Through the use of this social media policy and issues surrounding technology, participants will be able to engage in conversations to talk about defining the use of technologies with their supervisees.
Table of Contents
- Introduction – page 04
- Effectiveness of Live Supervision Techniques- page 05
- Live Supervision Techniques – page 06
- ACA Code of Ethics (Supervision, Training and Teaching) – page 08
- Tailoring a Live Supervision Protocol in a Community Behavioral Healthcare Setting – page 15
- Benefits of Live Supervision in a Behavioral Healthcare Setting – page 16
- ACA Code of Ethics (Distance Counseling, Technology, and Social Media) – page 17
- Social Media Policy Building – page 20
- In Focus – Sample Social Media Policy – page 22
- Employer and Employee Rights Regarding Social Media – page 23
- National Labor Relations Section 7 & 8 – page 24
- Policy Changes – page 25
- Cultural Shifts Influencing Provision of Services – page 26
- Conclusions – page 26
- References – page 28
How the Home Study Course Works
NOTE: THIS DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE IS AVAILABLE FOR ANYONE, IN ANY STATE, ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE DISTANCE LEARNING CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS. Advanced Counselor Training is an NBCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. To purchase the home study course, click the REGISTRATION button and look for the “Home Study Course” titled “Using Live Supervision and Other Technology Issues in Clinical Supervision”. This is a secured, encrypted server to purchase the course safely online. Fill out the registration information and pay for the course. The course will be emailed within 24 hours (or if you prefer it can be mailed to you via standard snail mail and will arrive within 1 week of purchase). Read the distance learning course and answer the section questions. Put the answers in the score sheet AND fill out the home study evaluation and return them BOTH (both are necessary to get credit). You need to get a score of 80% correct to pass. Once received and scored a certificate of completion will be sent to you via email (as a pdf) or regular mail (depending on your stated preference), within 1 week of receipt. If no preference is stated a pdf copy of your certificate will be emailed to you, which you can print out for your file.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE – cost is $60 for the 3 clock hour home study course.