February 19th, 2018
NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (#6532)
Our Next Supervision Conference is on March 26 - 29, 2018, Marriott, Macon, GA 31217
Click here for the brochure! This conference is OPEN for Registration!
Providing Clinical Supervision Trainings in New Jersey, Michigan & Georgia Since 2011!
"The best professional development training I have attended in my 21 years in practice!" - April, 2016
"I loved how the info was presented in a way that did not seem like a typical training.
Amazing - most engaging trainer I've ever had. I never laughed so much!" - November, 2017
Information Regarding the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) Certificate
There are multiple steps necessary required by the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) to become an Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
certification. You can obtain up to 45 NBCC clock hours of continuing education with our clinical supervision conference. As of July 1, 2016
some components have changed. Below are the components necessary after July 1, 2016 (with recent changes in bold):
Our 45 hour conference will cover each required ACS designated content area, these areas include:
- A) A graduate course in clinical supervision, OR B) A total of 45 clock hours of workshop training in clinical supervision;
- A masterís degree or higher in a mental health related field - application requires a submission of your transcript(s);
- Current status as one of the following: (a) NCC, (b) Licensed or Certified Mental Health Provider, or (c) Licensed or Certified Clinical Supervisor;
- Five years experience post masters (not post LPC, post masters); 1,500 hours counts as 1 year.
- Documentation of a minimum of 100 hours of clinical supervision of mental health services provided to supervisees (these hours can either be individual or
group supervision and supervision of graduate students counts towards the 100 hours). An endorser has to verify your 100 hours of supervision.
- A professional disclosure statement (an 11 part statement and self-evaluation, please see the ACS packet for details); and
- Completion and submission of the ACS application packet along with the fee to the CCE for $110.00. Please Note: Advanced Counselor Training is not associated
with the CCE; we provide clinical supervision training that is accepted by the CCE.
ACS Recertification Information:
- Roles and functions of a clinical supervisor
- Models of clinical supervision
- Professional development
- Methods/techniques in clinical supervision
- Supervisory relationship issues
- Cultural issues in clinical supervision
- Group supervision
- Legal/ethical issues in clinical supervision
- Evaluation of supervisee competence and the supervision process
Advanced Counselor Training, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #6532). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Advanced Counselor Training, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- The 20 hours of continuing education must be specific to clinical supervision (as many as 9 of those 20 hours can be substituted with documentation of being supervised regarding your own
supervision of others).
- The ACS can participate in workshops, seminars, or in-service training that involves clinical supervision.
- A certificate of completion is an acceptable form of verification.
- The cost of recertification is $50 per year to the CCE and the certificate renews every 5 years. Within that 5 year cycle you have to receive your 18 hours of
clinical supervision workshop training and submit proof of the continuing education to the CCE.
- Click here for the CCE continuing education log to document your hours.
- Click here for the ACS continuing education guidelines from CCE.
Advanced Counselor Training, LLC
P.O. Box 87, Flemington, NJ 08822