45 CE Clock Hour Clinical Supervision Workshop Series
helping the NJ Licensed Professional Counselor obtain
the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certification
This training is also approved for the NJ LCADC to obtain the CCS
April 4, 5, 6 and 7, 2017 - SOLD OUT!
Eatontown Sheraton, 6 Industrial Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724
NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (#6532)
The FALL 2017 NJ supervision conference is OPEN for Registration!
Click here for the brochure!
660 NJ Licensed Professionals with their ACS ... and counting!
ALL PREVIOUS NEW JERSEY AND MICHIGAN CONFERENCES HAVE SOLD OUT SINCE 2011!
Our next 30 hour Michigan Conference will be held on July 11 - 14, 2017 in Troy, MI!
Check out our upcoming ASAM-3 Criteria Workshop - March 31, 2017 - Eatontown, NJ
"The best professional development training Iíve attended in my 21 years in practice!" - April, 2016
"I've never had a course that covers as much material in a short time so effectively!" - October, 2016
March 29th, 2017
Discounts Available for the Clinical Supervision Conference: A discount of $45.00 per person is available for 3 or more registrants from the same organization for the 4 day clinical
- Our next ASAM-3 Conference will be held on March 31, 2017 in Eatontown, NJ at the Eatontown Sheraton. Click here for our conference brochure!
Click Here to check out our conference webpage! All of our 2016 ASAM-3 conferences have SOLD OUT!
- Our next 30 hour Michigan Supervision Conference will be held on July 11 - 14, 2017 in Lansing, Michigan at the SpringHill Suites. Click here for our conference brochure!
Click Here to check out our conference webpage! All of our previous Michigan supervision conferences have SOLD OUT since 2013!
- The next 45 hourt NJ Clinical Supervision Conference will be held on October 3 - 6, 2017, in Eatontown, NJ. Click here for the brochure! You can check out our conference page and you can register for this conference by clicking here!
Our April, 2017 45 hour Clinical Supervision Conference SOLD OUT! Our NJ Supervision Conferences have been SELLING OUT since 2011!
- BRAND NEW!! 3 Clock Hour Home Study Course - Using Live Supervision and Other Technology Issues in Clinical Supervision. Click here to view our new offering!
This brings our distance learning offerings to 3 titles which cover 15 clock hours in clinical supervision training. You can order all 3 by clicking here and choosing the "Home study package" option.
If you received 30 hours of training but now need an additional 15 hours to meet the new ACS educational criteria, then this is the option for you! This is also good for your ACS continuing education needs!
- We will be starting our Clinical Supervision Conference in Georgia and Wisconsin in 2017. Stay tuned for details!
- Advanced Counselor Training, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #6532). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Advanced Counselor Training, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- This program helps those who need to obtain their Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certificate.
Our NJ workshops are approved by the Certification Board of NJ, for those who need to obtain their Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS)
certificate. The CCS approval number is #312100915CS30. If you need one, the other or both, this is the place to be!
- We have a NJ Conference FAQ Section and a Michigan Conference FAQ section to help answer the most commonly asked questions regarding the workshop.
On-site Trainings: An On-site full day workshop at your agency is $1,000 per day for the first 25 participants. For groups larger than 25, there is an additional fee of $20 per person
(with the maximum cost of $1,500 for 50 or more participants). For a half day workshop, the cost is $500 for the first 25 participants. For groups larger than 25, there
is an additional fee of $10 per person (with the maximum cost of $750 for 50 or more participants). For inquiries, contact email@example.com or call 732-544-2189.
Clinical Supervision Workshop Information
Cost/programmatic comparison of different options either currently or previously available in Michigan and in New Jersey for LPCs to obtain supervision training:
- Advanced Counselor Training (NJ & MI) - 30 Hour Clinical Supervision training - $595
- Training Institute for Helping Professionals - 30 Hour Supervision Course - $995
- The Mentoring Institute of Michigan - 30 Hour Supervision Course. - $999
- Michigan Association for Counselor Education & Supervision - $995 for their Fall, 2013 course though this is no longered offered and their website is down.
- Eastern Michigan University 2 credit graduate level course - $1,334
Note for NJ Participants: All 45 hour trainings cover the ACS designated content areas (see below). NJ requires that qualified supervisors complete the ACS (click this link for the ACS application).
The ACS is a NATIONAL credential given by the CCE. Our trainings provide the required educational component, but there is an additional cost of $110 payable to the CCE to review your completed packet in order to obtain the ACS.
- NJ Rutgers University - Summer School of Addiction Studies (July, 2016) - $1,150
- NJ Institute for Training in Psychoanalysis - Clinical Supervision Program - $1,550
- NJ Richard Stockton College - 3 credit clinical supervision course - $2,182
- NJ Family Intervention Services - NOTE: This is a 20 hour
clinical supervision training program. They provide additional 5 hour trainings separately from the 20 hour course.
The LPC has to ensure that all these separate trainings meet the CCE's 9 ACS designated content areas (see below) - $350 for 20 hours of training, $100 for each 5 hour
additional training. Cost total = $550
Requirements to obtain the CCEs Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certificate, if needed.
(The ACS or a 3 hour graduate level course in supervision is required for New Jersey. The ACS is NOT
required for Michigan.
Michigan only requires 30 hours of clinical supervision training
in order for an LPC to be considered a qualified supervisor.)
There are multiple steps necessary required by the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) for standard entry to Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
certification. You may earn 45 NBCC clock hours of continuing education with this clinical supervision conference. The 45 clock hours is just one component required by the CCE to complete the ACS application. As of July 1, 2016 some components have changed. Below are the components necessary after July 1, 2016:
These requirements for obtaining the ACS through the standard entry can also be found on the ACS
application. There used to be an "alternate entry" to obtain the ACS, however this alternate entry was removed by the CCE on July 1, 2016.
- A) A graduate course in clinical supervision, OR B) A total of 45 clock hours of workshop training in clinical supervision;
- A masterís degree or higher in a mental health related field - application requires a submission of your transcript(s);
- Current status as one of the following: (a) NCC, (b) Licensed or Certified Mental Health Provider, or (c) Licensed or Certified Clinical Supervisor;
- Five years experience post masters (not post LPC, post masters); 1,500 hours counts as 1 year. Please Note: The LPC regulations require 3,000 hours post
LPC in order to be eligible to start supervising others 13:34-10.2;
- Documentation of a minimum of 100 hours of clinical supervision of mental health services provided to supervisees (these hours can either be individual or
group supervision and supervision of graduate students counts towards the 100 hours). An endorser has to verify your 100 hours of supervision (the frequency
of meeting with this endorser/supervisor is not defined by either the CCE (ACS) or by the NJ DCA Committee. NOTE: The NJ DCA Committee will not accept your application to supervise an LAC
if you do not already have your ACS (or 3 graduate credits in clinical supervision). If you have not already acquired 100 hours of supervising others, you have to gain your 100 hours with a supervisee other than an LAC (such as an unlicensed professional, a master's level student intern, or another LPC).
- A professional disclosure statement (an 11 part statement and self-evaluation, please see the ACS packet for details); and
- Completion and submission of the ACS application packet along with the fee to the CCE for $110.00. Please Note: Advanced Counselor Training is not associated
with the CCE; we provide clinical supervision training that is accepted by the CCE as we are NBCC approved and covers the required
areas needed by the Center for Counseling & Education.
Additional Information Regarding the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) Certificate
This clinical supervision conference has been arranged by Advanced Counselor Training to help participants in obtaining the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certification from CCE.
Participants are ultimately responsible for doing what is necessary to satisfy all the CCE requirements to obtain their ACS, and participants are ultimately responsible to follow the Professional
Counselor Examiners Committee of the State Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners Standards necessary for being considered a "qualified supervisor". Please see our Supervision FAQ
for important pieces of these regulations that pertain specifically to clinical supervision.
Our 45 hour conference will cover each required ACS designated content area, these areas include:
ACS Recertification Information:
- Roles and functions of a clinical supervisor
- Models of clinical supervision
- Professional development
- Methods/techniques in clinical supervision
- Supervisory relationship issues
- Cultural issues in clinical supervision
- Group supervision
- Legal/ethical issues in clinical supervision
- Evaluation of supervisee competence and the supervision process
- The 20 hours of continuing education must be specific to clinical supervision (as many as 9 of those 20 hours can be substituted with documentation of being supervised regarding your own
supervision of others).
- The ACS can participate in workshops, seminars, or in-service training that involves clinical supervision.
- A certificate of completion is an acceptable form of verification.
- The cost of recertification is $50 per year to the CCE and the certificate renews every 5 years. Within that 5 year cycle you have to receive your 18 hours of
clinical supervision workshop training and submit proof of the continuing education to the CCE.
- Click here for the CCE continuing education log to document your hours.
- Click here for the ACS continuing education guidelines from CCE.
Advanced Counselor Training, LLC
P.O. Box 87, Flemington, NJ 08822