30 CE Clock Hour Clinical Supervision Comprehensive Program
allowing the MI Licensed Professional Counselor to comply with
Michigan Administrative Rule R 338.1757, Rule 7
Also helping Michigan Counselors obtain their ACS and/or their CCS
July 14, 15, 16 and 17, 2015
Spring Hill Suites, Lansing Michigan
111 South Market Place Boulevard, Lansing, MI 48917
NBCC Approved Continuing Education Provider (#6532)
ALL OF OUR NEW JERSEY AND MICHIGAN CONFERENCES HAVE SOLD OUT SINCE 2011!
Our next 30 hour NJ Supervision Conference will be held on October 1, 2, 8 & 9, 2015 in Eatontown, NJ!
"This supervision course was amazing! The Instructor was knowledgeable
and this experience reignited my excitement of the field." - March, 2015
April 27th, 2015
Discounts Available for the Clinical Supervision Conference: A discount of $45.00 per person is available for 3 or more registrants from the same organization for the 4 day clinical
- Our next supervision Conference will be in Lansing, Michigan and held on July 14, 15, 16 and 17, 2015! Click the link for details. Online registration is OPEN! and
the PDF of the July, 2015 brochure can be downloaded by clicking here. All of our Michigan supervision conferences have SOLD OUT since 2013!
- Our Next 30 hour Clinical Supervision Conference in NJ will be on October 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2015. Click the link for details. Online registration is OPEN FOR THE OCTOBER 2015 NJ CONFERENCE!
Our NJ Supervision Conferences have been SELLING OUT since 2011! The PDF of our brochure is available by clicking here.
- We will be starting our 30 Clock Hour Clinical Supervision Conference in Georgia in the Fall/Winter of 2015/2016. Stay tuned for details!
- Advanced Counselor Training, LLC has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP #6532). Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Advanced Counselor Training, LLC is solely responsible for all aspects of the program.
- This program helps those who need to obtain their Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certificate.
Our NJ workshops are approved by the Certification Board of NJ, for those who need to obtain their Certified Clinical Supervisor (CCS)
certificate. The CCS approval number is #301071814CS30. If you need one, the other or both, this is the place to be!
- We have a NJ Conference FAQ Section and a Michigan Conference FAQ section to help answer the most commonly asked questions regarding the workshop.
On-site Trainings: An On-site full day workshop at your agency is $1,000 per day for the first 25 participants. For groups larger than 25, there is an additional fee of $20 per person
(with the maximum cost of $1,500 for 50 or more participants). For a half day workshop, the cost is $500 for the first 25 participants. For groups larger than 25, there
is an additional fee of $10 per person (with the maximum cost of $750 for 50 or more participants). For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-544-2189.
Clinical Supervision Workshop Information
Requirements to obtain the CCEs Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certificate, if needed.
(The ACS or a 3 hour graduate level course in supervision is required for New Jersey. The ACS is NOT
required for Michigan.
Michigan only requires 30 hours of clinical supervision training
in order for an LPC to be considered a qualified supervisor.)
There are multiple steps necessary required by the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) for standard entry to Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
certification. You may earn 30 NBCC clock hours of continuing education with this clinical supervision conference. The 30 clock hours is just one component required by the CCE to complete the ACS application. Other components include:
These requirements for obtaining the ACS through the standard entry can also be found by
clicking here (ACS application), as well as the eligibility requirements for alternate entry to the ACS certification. To see if you qualify for the alternate
entry to obtain the ACS, go to the ACS application, page 6.
- A) A graduate course in clinical supervision, OR B) A total of 30 clock hours of workshop training in clinical supervision;
- A masterís degree or higher in a mental health related field - application requires a submission of your transcript(s);
- Current status as one of the following: (a) NCC, (b) Licensed or Certified Mental Health Provider, or (c) Licensed or Certified Clinical Supervisor;
- Three years experience post masters (not post LPC, post masters); 1,500 hours counts as 1 year. Please Note: The LPC regulations require 3,000 hours post
LPC in order to be eligible to start supervising others 13:34-10.2;
- Documentation of a minimum of 100 hours of clinical supervision of mental health services provided to supervisees (these hours can either be individual or
group supervision and supervision of graduate students counts towards the 100 hours). An endorser has to verify your 100 hours of supervision (the frequency
of meeting with this endorser/supervisor is not defined by either the CCE (ACS) or by the NJ DCA Committee. NOTE: The NJ DCA Committee will not accept your application to supervise an LAC
if you do not already have your ACS (or 3 graduate credits in clinical supervision). If you have not already acquired 100 hours of supervising others, you have to gain your 100 hours with a supervisee other than an LAC (such as an unlicensed professional, a master's level student intern, or another LPC).
- A professional disclosure statement (an 11 part statement and self-evaluation, please see the ACS packet for details); and
- Completion and submission of the ACS application packet along with the fee to the CCE for $110.00. Please Note: Advanced Counselor Training is not associated
with the CCE; we provide clinical supervision training that is accepted by the CCE as we are NBCC approved and covers the required
areas needed by the Center for Counseling & Education.
Additional Information Regarding the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) Certificate
This clinical supervision conference has been arranged by Advanced Counselor Training to help participants in obtaining the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certification from CCE.
Participants are ultimately responsible for doing what is necessary to satisfy all the CCE requirements to obtain their ACS, and participants are ultimately responsible to follow the Professional
Counselor Examiners Committee of the State Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners Standards necessary for being considered a "qualified supervisor". Please see our Supervision FAQ
for important pieces of these regulations that pertain specifically to clinical supervision.
Our 30 hour conference will cover each required ACS designated content area, these areas include:
ACS Recertification Information:
- Roles and functions of a clinical supervisor
- Models of clinical supervision
- Professional development
- Methods/techniques in clinical supervision
- Supervisory relationship issues
- Cultural issues in clinical supervision
- Group supervision
- Legal/ethical issues in clinical supervision
- Evaluation of supervisee competence and the supervision process
- The 18 hours of continuing education must be specific to clinical supervision (as many as 9 of those 18 hours can be substituted with documentation of being supervised regarding your own
supervision of others).
- The ACS can participate in workshops, seminars, or in-service training that involves clinical supervision.
- A certificate of completion is an acceptable form of verification.
- The cost of recertification is $35 per year to the CCE and the certificate renews every 5 years. Within that 5 year cycle you have to receive your 18 hours of
clinical supervision workshop training and submit proof of the continuing education to the CCE.
- Click here for the CCE continuing education log to document your hours.
- Click here for the ACS continuing education guidelines from CCE.
Advanced Counselor Training, LLC
P.O. Box 87, Flemington, NJ 08822