30 CE Contact Hour Clinical Supervision Comprehensive Program
Meeting Michigan State Licensure Requirements
For LPCs to Supervise LLPCs
Also helping Michigan Counselors obtain their ACS or their CCS
March 5, 6, 7 & 8, 2014 - SOLD OUT!
East Lansing Marriott at University Place 300 M.A.C. Ave.
East Lansing, MI 48823
NBCC Approved Provider (#6532)
OUR NEW JERSEY AND MICHIGAN CONFERENCES HAVE ALL SOLD OUT SINCE 2011!
Our Next New Jersey 30 hour Clinical Supervision Conference will be July 10, 11, 17 & 18, 2014!
March 5th, 2014
NJ Supervision Conference will be July 10, 11, 17 and 18, 2014. Click here for details. Online registration for the NJ July, 2014 conference will start within the next week.
- The March 5 - 8, 2014 Michigan clinical supervision conference SOLD OUT! Our July 2013 Michigan conference also sold out!
Check back soon for details on our next Michigan Supervision Conference in the Fall of 2014!
- The Fall 2013 NJ Clinical Supervision Conference SOLD OUT!
We have a NJ Conference FAQ Section and a Michigan Conference FAQ section to help answer the most commonly asked questions regarding the workshop.
Advanced Counselor Training, LLC is an NBCC Approved Provider (#6532) for both live and home
Discounts Available for the Clinical Supervision Conference: A discount of $45.00 per person is available for 3 or more registrants from the same organization for the 4 day clinical
On-site Trainings: An On-site full day workshop at your agency is $1,000 per day for the first 25 participants. For groups larger than 25, there is an additional fee of $20 per person
(with the maximum cost of $1,500 for 50 or more participants). For a half day workshop, the cost is $500 for the first 25 participants. For groups larger than 25, there
is an additional fee of $10 per person (with the maximum cost of $750 for 50 or more participants). For inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-544-2189.
Clinical Supervision Workshop Information
Requirements to obtain the CCEs Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certificate, if needed.
(The ACS or a 3 hour graduate level course in supervision is required for New Jersey. The ACS is NOT
required for Michigan.
Michigan only requires 30 hours of clinical supervision training
in order for an LPC to be considered a qualified supervisor.)
There are multiple steps necessary required by the Center for Credentialing & Education (CCE) for standard entry to Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS)
certification. This NBCC approved 30 hour clinical supervision conference is just one component. Other components include:
These requirements for obtaining the ACS through the standard entry can also be found by
clicking here (ACS application), as well as the eligibility requirements for alternate entry to the ACS certification.
- A) A graduate course in clinical supervision, OR B) A total of 30 contact hours of workshop training in clinical supervision;
- A masterís degree or higher in a mental health related field - application requires a submission of your transcript(s);
- Current status as one of the following: (a) NCC, (b) Licensed or Certified Mental Health Provider, or (c) Licensed or Certified Clinical Supervisor;
- Three years experience post masters (not post LPC, post masters); 1,500 hours counts as 1 year. Please Note: The LPC regulations require 3,000 hours post
LPC in order to be eligible to start supervising others 13:34-10.2;
- Documentation of a minimum of 100 hours of clinical supervision of mental health services provided to supervisees (these hours can either be individual or
group supervision and supervision of graduated students counts towards the 100 hours). An endorser has to verify your 100 hours of supervision (the frequency
of meeting with this endorser/supervisor is not defined by either the CCE (ACS) or by the NJ DCA Committee. NOTE: The NJ DCA Committee will not accept your application to supervise an LAC
if you do not already have your ACS (or 3 graduate credits in clinical supervision). If you have not already acquired 100 hours of supervising others, you have to gain your 100 hours with a supervisee other than an LAC (such as an unlicensed professional, a master's level student intern, or another LPC).
- A professional disclosure statement (an 11 part statement and self-evaluation, please see the ACS packet for details); and
- Completion and submission of the ACS application packet along with the fee to the CCE for $110.00. Please Note: Advanced Counselor Training is not associated
with the CCE; we provide clinical supervision training that is accepted by the CCE as we are NBCC approved and covers the required
areas needed by the Center for Counseling & Education.
Additional Information Regarding the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) Certificate
This clinical supervision conference has been arranged by Advanced Counselor Training to help participants in obtaining the Approved Clinical Supervisor (ACS) certification from NBCC/CCE.
Participants are ultimately responsible for doing what is necessary to satisfy all the NBCC/CCE requirements to obtain their ACS, and participants are ultimately responsible to follow the Professional
Counselor Examiners Committee of the State Board of Marriage and Family Therapy Examiners Standards necessary for being considered a "qualified supervisor". Please see our Supervision FAQ
for important pieces of these regulations that pertain specifically to clinical supervision.
Our 30 hour conference will cover each required ACS designated content area, these areas include:
ACS Recertification Information:
- Roles and functions of a clinical supervisor
- Models of clinical supervision
- Professional development
- Methods/techniques in clinical supervision
- Supervisory relationship issues
- Cultural issues in clinical supervision
- Group supervision
- Legal/ethical issues in clinical supervision
- Evaluation of supervisee competence and the supervision process
- The 18 hours of continuing education must be specific to clinical supervision (as many as 9 of those 18 hours can be substituted with documentation of being supervised regarding your own
supervision of others).
- The ACS can participate in workshops, seminars, or in-service training that involves clinical supervision.
- A certificate of completion is an acceptable form of verification.
- The cost of recertification is $35 per year to the CCE and the certificate renews every 5 years. Within that 5 year cycle you have to receive your 18 hours of
clinical supervision workshop training and submit proof of the continuing education to the CCE.
- Click here for the CCE continuing education log to document your hours.
- Click here for the ACS continuing education guidelines from CCE.
Advanced Counselor Training, LLC
P.O. Box 87, Flemington, NJ 08822